Monday, March 12, 2012

Sushi and the Meaning of Intercourse


Lucas munching on Safeway sushi randomly asks:  Hey Mom, what’s those things that keep your poop in? Intercourse?
Me:  I’m not sure what you are referring to. But intercourse is sex.
Lucas (eyes wide): What?! That’s disgusting.
Me:  Lucas, sex isn’t disgust---
Lucas:  Oh man. I think I just threw up in my mouth.
Me: So I guess we haven’t talked about where babies come from yet.
Lucas with a mouthful of sushi:  Oh my GOD! You mean that you had to have sex with Dad just to get me here?! OH GOD! That means that I’m made of SEX!!! THAT MEANS THAT EVERYONE IN THE WORLD IS MADE OF SEX!!!!! …..(swallows sushi)......I can’t wait to tell Ben & Evan.

Lucas has finished his sushi and is sitting across the table from me, working on his homework.  I’m trying not to giggle while I type and re-read. He does not know what I'm working on. He never knows. 
Lucas:  What’s so funny?
Me:  Nothing.
Lucas (with a giant grin):  Does it involve THE PENIS? 

No comments: