Lucas just sang Muppet or a Man for me. He told me that he has been practicing it and asked if I thought it was good or real good. I told him that it was real good, because it was. Then he asked if I thought he was a good dancer and singer. I told him that I think he is very talented and I feel so very lucky to be his Mom because I get to watch his talent grow everyday. As true as this statement was; I really thought nothing of it. It was just a simple fact and was not any type of a revelation for me. I say things like this all the time. Lucas, on the other hand, loved it. He was beaming when he said, "You are such a good Mom. I'm lucky to be your Son because you are so supportive." My goodness! I thought it was my job to help build his self esteem. People tell me that I'm a good Mom. And no matter how much I doubt myself, I know that I do a pretty good job. But to get such specific praise directly from the person you work for is the best! Especially when the person is a tiny human who is not even eight years old. I don't know, maybe it's normal for kids his age to be so expressive and articulate? It always surprises me. He is such a joy. I'm really looking forward to seeing who this boy turns out to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment