The first welcomed change of 2007 came on the 2nd when Lucas started pre-school.
These are pictures of them eating before school. Mike made them a special first day of school bowl of Cream of Wheat. (blagh....I passed on that meal)
I was having a real hard time getting him to sit still for the photos because he wanted to leave for school. The red thing he is holding is his lunch box.
Max, being the sweet big brother that he is, insisted on going with me to drop him off. He said that he was worried about Luc and thought he might be too young for preschool. (Max was almost 4 when he went). I explained to him that not all kids are ready for the change and if there weren't some 2yr olds that could handle it, then the program wouldn't be open to that age group. Most importantly I'd never put either of them in a situation that they weren't ready for. Once we got to the school Lucas ran inside and across the room, without putting his stuff down, found the nearest boy and said, "HI, I'M LUCAS AND THIS IS MY PRESCHOOL!" Even though I was confident that it wouldn't be a problem, I was prepared to stay and hang out for awhile to see if he would need help getting adjusted. It didn't seem to be an issue, so I left within 10 minutes of arriving. Once we were in the car Max seemed please and said that he knew Luc would be fine. Then I dropped Max at daycare and barely got a kiss from him, and he was off playing with his friends. I walked away feeling very thankful that my kids were so happy and independent. Sometimes it feels really great not to be needed.
I have already booked our hotel for our vacation in August! 5 nights at the Westin n San Diego. We are going to Sea World, the Zoo and Wild Animal Park. WOOHOO!!! Thanks again Stacey :)
A wise friend once told me how important it is to plan trips in advance with your family because it gives you something to look forward to during your daily grind. Wow was she right. I made the reservation a couple of days ago and I feel like August is around the corner!
There are plenty of great things ahead of us this year. I'll keep you all posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment