Friday, April 22, 2005

My 3rd Child is leaving home.

Someone is coming to buy my portable dishwasher this afternoon. In fact it’s being picked up at 1pm so I won’t be able to say goodbye. I’m sad, I love my dishwasher. It has nice soft-touch digital buttons. It’s so pretty and still really new.

We had a dishwasher when Max was a baby and then we moved to a house without one when Max was 10mos old. That sucked!

I ran out and bought a portable when I was 3 months pregnant with Luc. I couldn’t bear the thought of washing all the bottles by hand every day. I spent over $500 after tax and delivery. It’s a great machine. I’m bummed that we can’t take it with us. Our new house has a built-in that isn’t as groovy. Although the idea of a built-in is nice, it’s older and not as pretty. I feel like I’m leaving behind the family pet. HAHA!

As geeky as my sad story sounds, I can top it. When I was in junior high and early high school, if I was depressed, my Dad would take me to Sears and let me hang out in the Major Household Appliances. It cheered me up every time!

This dishwasher is the first appliance that I pick out and purchased myself…Well, there was the microwave but that’s not nearly as exciting.

Anyway, I’m bummed. But don’t cry for me! I’m going to move on. I think I’m going to start lobbying for a new fridge!

No comments: