So my sister calls on July 20th to remind that it was only 10 more days until my birthday. This was welcomed since I've been calling her almost daily, since her birthday passed in June, to keep her updated on the countdown. "It's almost my birthday month!" But what made this call really special was that she needed to call me from the waiting room of her pediatricians office to let me know, with all of the sisterly kindness she could muster, that it was also 374 days until I turn 30. Isn't she just the cutest thing ever?!
I don't usually call either of my sisters names. They seem to handle the name calling quite well without my help. This time I couldn't help it. I really don't know why though. I was more bummed about 30 last year and the year before than this year.
Nik & Aidan are coming to visit this weekend. I can't think of a better present. Saturday Max and I are going to Marine World with Allison and Santi. Max is into and tall enough for the coasters. Plus we are leaving the younger brothers at home! WooHoo! Sunday night I think my Dad is taking us out for Greek food.
The mystery is my dear sweet husband; he never fails to amaze me. No matter how big or small the gift is the gesture is always perfect.
I'm looking forward to my weekend and to August, which is always so busy for us. There are lots of things going on next month but the most fun are Max's Birthday on the 17th and our Anniversary on the 14th.
This is the first August in many years that I'm not dreading. It's really no different than any other year. I guess something has changed my outlook. Whatever or however....I am thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment