Luc: Sure. No. Maybe. Okay. No. Is it gross?
Me: Yep. Just do it.
Luc: Eh...
Me: Oh! I need a carrot. Can you grab one, please? I need the thickest one.
Luc: (smiling up at me and lightly touching my arm) Oh, Mom. Sorry, but...That's what she said.
Me: WHAT?!?! How do you know?
Luc: (still smiling and pleased with my reaction) YouTube. It's all over YouTube.
Me: No. I know that! Thickness...How do you know that she said anything at all about thickness?
Luc: I'm a boy, Mom. Boys know.
Me: Welp. (firmly grabbing his wrist) If you're old enough to "know what she said", you're old enough to stick your hand up a chicken's butt.
Lots of screaming, laughing and wincing ensued. Followed by yet another a talk about boundaries during a parent/child conversation. Really? I leave for 4 days and come back to a whole new level of inappropriate. But honestly, I'm so glad that I have boys. I wouldn't trade them or their lack of filters for anything.
2 comments:
Haha! Love it!
Funny and cute.
Post a Comment