Monday, February 6, 2012

Herxheimer

I’m trying to do a light system detox. Not too sure where I went wrong. If you were to ask my throat and tummy, they would tell you that I shouldn’t have eaten that gerbil that was covered in honey, flour, and alum powder then wrapped in barbed wire and deep fried. Seriously, it’s painful. Maybe it was the piles of candy for lunch or intentionally ignoring food labels. There has been too much rice in my diet, that’s for sure. Whatever it was, it’s my own doing and I need to clean up. The first few days are always the hardest. The cravings are maddening. I’m currently fluctuating between wanting roasted veggies, cookies, salami, hot lemon water, pesto tortellini, and liquid plumber. Thankfully, each time I detox, the Herxheimer Response (Candida die off symptoms) is less severe. I’m starting day 3 so it should get easier. More on Candida later.

No comments: